By John Fowler
Read Online or Download A Season in Strathglass PDF
Similar uk history books
This e-book sheds clean gentle on advancements in British nuclear guns coverage among October 1964, while the Labour occasion got here again into strength less than Harold Wilson following a 13 yr absence, and June 1970 while the Conservative executive of Edward Heath used to be elected.
In its time, the Quarterly overview used to be concept to heavily mirror executive coverage, besides the fact that, the essays during this quantity display that it used to be inconsistent in its help of presidency positions and mirrored confrontation over a extensive diversity of non secular, fiscal and political issues.
In 1945 the main robust fleet within the Royal Navy's historical past used to be concentrated on 9 plane providers. This ebook charts the post-war fortunes of this powerful strike strength – its decline within the face of diminishing assets, its ultimate fall by the hands of uncomprehending politicians, and its fresh resurrection within the kind of the Queen Elizabeth category providers, the most important ships ever outfitted for the Royal army.
First released in 1981, this e-book strains the historical past of the nationwide Union of Women’s Suffrage Societies (NUWSS) from 1897-1914. while so much historians have serious about the extra militant element of the fight for lady enfranchisement, embodied by means of the Women’s Political and Social Union (WPSU), this paintings presents an important evaluation of the usually brushed aside non-violent and constitutional NUWSS — via 1914 the most important unmarried women’s suffrage supplier.
- Moral Mapping of Victorian and Edwardian London: Charles Booth, Christian Charity, and the Poor-but-Respectable (20160301)
- British Electoral Facts 1832-2006
- The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions: 1868-1869: Volume 2 (Routledge Library Editions: The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions)
- The Oxford History of the British Empire: Volume I: The Origins of Empire: British Overseas Enterprise to the Close of the Seventeenth Century: 1
- Liverpool Territorials in the Great War
- The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions: 1901: Volume 33 (Routledge Library Editions: The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions)
Extra info for A Season in Strathglass
A Season in Strathglass by John Fowler