By Chris Dawson,Ben Straub
For your subsequent undertaking on GitHub, reap the benefits of the service’s strong API to satisfy your exact improvement necessities. This functional consultant exhibits you the way to construct your personal software program instruments for customizing the GitHub workflow. every one hands-on bankruptcy is a compelling tale that walks you thru the tradeoffs and concerns for construction purposes on most sensible of assorted GitHub technologies.
If you’re an skilled programmer acquainted with GitHub, you’ll easy methods to construct instruments with the GitHub API and comparable open resource applied sciences resembling Jekyll (site builder), Hubot (NodeJS chat robot), and Gollum (wiki).
- Build an easy Ruby server with Gist API command-line instruments and Ruby’s "Octokit" API client
- Use the Gollum command-line device to construct a picture administration application
- Build a GUI software to go looking GitHub with Python
- Document interactions among third-party instruments and your code
- Use Jekyll to create a fully-featured weblog from fabric on your GitHub repository
- Create an Android cellular program that reads and writes info right into a Jekyll repository
- Use Hubot to automate pull request reviews
Read Online or Download Building Tools with GitHub: Customize Your Workflow PDF
Similar open source programming books
In DetailMonitoring platforms are a very important a part of any IT surroundings. they are often super necessary not just to spot particular difficulties, but in addition to degree your system’s functionality and locate how to enhance it. notwithstanding, they are often deceptive and complicated if no longer properly configured and controlled.
Use hurricane layout styles to accomplish disbursed, realtime colossal info processing, and analytics for realworld use casesAbout This BookProcess high-volume log records in actual time whereas studying the basics of hurricane topologies and process deployment. install typhoon on Hadoop (YARN) and know how the structures supplement one another for web advertising and exchange processing.
Harness the facility of Neo4j to accomplish complicated facts research over the process seventy five easy-to-follow recipesAbout This BookRapidly construct your information research program over Neo4j with easeTransition from RDMS and different NoSQL databases to Neo4jLearn to successfully scale your Neo4j installations to thousands of nodesWho This ebook Is ForIf you're already utilizing Neo4j on your program and wish to benefit extra approximately facts research or database graphs, this can be the e-book for you.
This ebook is your entire advisor to learning for the Linux specialist Institute's Server Professional (LPIC-1) certification. each idea, precept, technique, and source that will make an visual appeal at the examination is absolutely represented. you'll comprehend each inspiration through rolling up your sleeves, beginning up a terminal, and making an attempt all of it your self.
- Pentaho Analytics for MongoDB Cookbook
- Automation through Chef Opscode: A Hands-on Approach to Chef
- Beginning Arduino (Technology in Action)
- Haskell Design Patterns
Extra resources for Building Tools with GitHub: Customize Your Workflow
Building Tools with GitHub: Customize Your Workflow by Chris Dawson,Ben Straub