By Allen B. Downey
If you need to tips on how to application, operating with Python is a wonderful method to commence. This hands-on consultant takes you thru the language a step at a time, starting with uncomplicated programming thoughts ahead of relocating directly to services, recursion, facts buildings, and object-oriented layout. This moment version and its aiding code were up to date for Python 3.
Through workouts in each one bankruptcy, you’ll attempt programming recommendations as you examine them. imagine Python is perfect for college students on the highschool or collage point, in addition to self-learners, home-schooled scholars, and execs who have to research programming fundamentals. rookies simply getting their ft rainy will find out how to commence with Python in a browser.
- Start with the fundamentals, together with language syntax and semantics
- Get a transparent definition of every programming concept
- Learn approximately values, variables, statements, capabilities, and information buildings in a logical progression
- Discover find out how to paintings with records and databases
- Understand items, equipment, and object-oriented programming
- Use debugging strategies to mend syntax, runtime, and semantic errors
- Explore interface layout, facts constructions, and GUI-based courses via case studies
By Gabriele Lanaro
Python is a programming language with a colourful group identified for its simplicity, code clarity, and expressiveness. the big collection of 3rd occasion libraries make it compatible for quite a lot of purposes. This additionally permits programmers to specific recommendations in fewer traces of code than will be attainable in comparable languages. the provision of top quality numerically-focused instruments has made Python a good selection for top functionality computing. the rate of functions comes all the way down to how good the code is written. Poorly written code capability poorly acting purposes, this means that unhappy customers.
This e-book is an example-oriented advisor to the suggestions used to dramatically increase the functionality of your Python courses. it is going to educate optimization thoughts by utilizing natural python methods, excessive functionality libraries, and the python-C integration. The ebook also will comprise a piece on easy methods to write and run parallel code.
This ebook will train you ways to take any software and make it run a lot speedier. you'll research state-of the artwork innovations by way of making use of them to useful examples. This ebook also will advisor you thru diversified profiling instruments in an effort to assist you determine functionality matters on your software. you are going to how one can accelerate your numerical code utilizing NumPy and Cython. The ebook also will introduce you to parallel programming so that you can benefit from glossy multi-core processors.
This is the right advisor that can assist you in attaining the absolute best functionality on your Python applications.
An intriguing, easy-to-follow advisor illustrating the ideas to spice up the functionality of Python code, and their functions with lots of hands-on examples.
Who this ebook is for
If you're a programmer who likes the facility and ease of Python and wish to use this language for performance-critical functions, this e-book is perfect for you. All that's required is a uncomplicated wisdom of the Python programming language. The publication will disguise easy and complex subject matters so may be nice for you no matter if you're a new or a professional Python developer.
By Harry J. W. Percival
By taking you thru the improvement of a true internet program from starting to finish, the second one version of this hands-on advisor demonstrates the sensible merits of test-driven improvement (TDD) with Python. You’ll the right way to write and run exams before development every one a part of your app, after which boost the minimal quantity of code required to move these assessments. the end result? fresh code that works.
In the method, you’ll research the fundamentals of Django, Selenium, Git, jQuery, and ridicule, in addition to present net improvement innovations. If you’re able to take your Python talents to the following point, this book—updated for Python 3.6—clearly demonstrates how TDD encourages easy designs and evokes confidence.
- Dive into the TDD workflow, together with the unit test/code cycle and refactoring
- Use unit checks for periods and capabilities, and useful exams for consumer interactions in the browser
- Learn while and the way to exploit mock gadgets, and the professionals and cons of remoted vs. built-in tests
- Test and automate your deployments with a staging server
- Apply exams to the third-party plugins you combine into your site
- Run exams immediately by utilizing a continual Integration environment
- Use TDD to construct a relaxation API with a front-end Ajax interface
By Cameron Buchanan
About This Book
- Put the abilities of the specialists to the try with those tricky and customisable pentesting projects
- Develop each one problem to fit your particular education, checking out, or patron engagement needs
- Hone your talents, from instant assaults to social engineering, with out the necessity to entry reside systems
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a penetration trying out group chief or person who needs to problem your self or your mates within the construction of penetration checking out attack classes, this can be the ebook for you. The e-book assumes a simple point of penetration abilities and familiarity with the Kali Linux working system.
What you'll Learn
- Set up susceptible providers for either home windows and Linux
- Create dummy bills for social engineering manipulation
- Set up Heartbleed replication for weak SSL servers
- Develop considerable labs to problem present and strength testers
- Construct situations that may be utilized to catch the Flag variety challenges
- Add actual elements for your situations and hearth USB missile launchers at your opponents
- Challenge your individual tasks with a best-practice take advantage of advisor to every scenario
As attackers improve more beneficial and intricate how one can compromise automated structures, penetration checking out abilities and instruments are in excessive call for. A tester should have different talents to strive against those threats or fall in the back of. This publication presents useful and customizable publications to establish quite a few interesting problem tasks that could then be confirmed with Kali Linux.
Learn find out how to create, customise, and make the most penetration trying out eventualities and attack classes. begin via development mistaken fortresses for home windows and Linux servers, permitting your testers to take advantage of universal and not-so-common vulnerabilities to collapse the gates and hurricane the partitions. Mimic the human point with sensible examples of social engineering initiatives. Facilitate susceptible instant and cellular installations and cryptographic weaknesses, and reflect the Heartbleed vulnerability. eventually, mix your abilities and paintings to create an entire red-team evaluate setting that mimics this kind of company community encountered within the field.
By Michael McLaughlin
Master Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL software Development
Develop, debug, and administer strong database courses. full of special examples and professional recommendations from an Oracle ACE, Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Programming explains tips to retrieve and approach facts, write PL/SQL statements, execute powerful queries, comprise Hypertext Preprocessor and Java, and paintings with dynamic SQL. Code checking out, defense, and object-oriented programming ideas are absolutely coated during this accomplished Oracle Press guide.
- Explore new SQL and PL/SQL positive aspects in Oracle Database 12c
- Build regulate buildings, cursors, and loop statements
- Work with collections, varrays, tables, and associative array collections
- Locate and service mistakes and hire exception handlers
- Execute black field, white field, and integration tests
- Configure and deal with saved applications and libraries
- Handle safety with authentication and encryption
- Use LOBs to shop textual content and multimedia content
- Write and enforce PL/SQL and Java triggers
- Extend performance utilizing dynamic SQL statements
- Understand item varieties, nested tables, and unnesting queries
By Paulo A Pereira
About This Book
- Use Elixir to resolve universal difficulties linked to scalability, concurrency, fault tolerance, and excessive availability
- From command line to exterior API interplay, event the enjoyment of utilizing this new language
- Explore the thoughts of knowledge constructions, immutability, and knowledge transformation with assistance from functional recipes
Who This booklet Is For
This publication is meant for clients with a few wisdom of the Elixir language syntax and uncomplicated info types/structures. even supposing this can be a cookbook and no sequential examining is needed, the book’s constitution will let much less complex clients who keep on with it to be steadily uncovered to a few of Elixir’s beneficial properties and ideas particular to sensible programming. To get the main out of this publication, you have to be good versed with Erlang.
What you'll Learn
- Utilize Erlang code seamlessly from Elixir, leveraging a tremendous quantity of battle-tested libraries
- Use the combination instrument to generate functions and deal with dependencies
- Create modules and capabilities and use them from various machines, benefiting from Elixir's built-in distribution mechanism
- Implement OTP behaviors in Elixir
- Package and set up functions on operating systems
- Work with the Phoenix framework to generate a easy net application
- Interact with exterior courses and APIs
- Serve static records and enforce websockets
This ebook is a collection of recipes grouped via subject that acts as a very good connection with get rules from or to quick look for an answer to an issue. you are going to start via launching an IEx consultation and utilizing it to check a few rules. subsequent, you are going to practice a variety of operations like loading and compiling modules, examining your approach, producing a supervised app, etc. additionally, you can be brought to immutability, operating with information constructions, appearing trend matching, and utilizing circulation modules to generate countless info sequences. you are going to know about every thing from becoming a member of strings to picking the observe frequency in textual content. With appreciate to modules and capabilities, additionally, you will notice tips to load code from different modules and use guards and trend matching in functions.
By Ankur Goel
About This Book
- Rapidly construct your information research software over Neo4j with ease
- Transition from RDMS and different NoSQL databases to Neo4j
- Learn to successfully scale your Neo4j installations to hundreds of thousands of nodes
Who This booklet Is For
If you're already utilizing Neo4j on your software and wish to profit extra approximately information research or database graphs, this can be the booklet for you. This ebook additionally caters in your wishes when you are seeking to migrate your present program to Neo4j sooner or later. We suppose that you're already conversant in any basic goal programming language and feature a few familiarity with Neo4j.
What you are going to Learn
- Access the Neo4j graph database from any language of your selection, if it is Java, Python, Scala, or .Net
- Understand tips to migrate info from kinds of information shops comparable to SQL and NoSQL with ease
- Utilize and study info modeling most sensible practices
- Use and mine social information, no matter if it's from fb, Twitter, or LinkedIn
- Deal with geospatial information and construct companies akin to bounding field queries and nearest aspect of interest
- Visualize Neo4j graphs by means of customizing on hand instruments or writing your personal tool
- Scale Neo4j with as much as billions of nodes and edges
Neo4j is an open resource graph database written in Java. Graph databases offer a great strategy to get richer perception into information and decrease the bar for access into the information technological know-how global. beginning with a pragmatic and very important advent to Neo4j and numerous elements of Neo4j set up, you are going to attach and entry Neo4j servers from programming languages equivalent to Java, Python, Ruby, and Scala. additionally, you will know about Neo4j management and upkeep ahead of increasing and advancing your wisdom through facing huge Neo4j installations and optimizing them for either garage and querying.
This is a pragmatic consultant jam-packed with examples and Neo4j recipes. The recipes are good defined with code samples which are up to date for the most recent model of Neo4j.
By Vishal Sharma
Learn find out how to set up, configure and enforce the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) – the valuable software for an individual deploying a centralized log administration resolution for servers and apps.
You will see the best way to use and configure Elastic Stack independently and along Puppet. each one bankruptcy comprises real-world examples and functional troubleshooting suggestions, allowing you to wake up and operating with Elastic Stack in list time. absolutely customizable and straightforward to take advantage of, Elastic Stack permits you to be on best of your servers for all time, and get to the bottom of difficulties on your consumers as speedy as attainable. Supported by means of Puppet and to be had with quite a few plugins.
- Install and configure Logstash
- Use Logstash with Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Use Logstash with Puppet and Foreman
- Centralize facts processing
By Steve Klabnik,Carol Nichols
The Rust Programming Language starts with a brief hands-on venture to introduce the fundamentals, then explores key ideas intensive, similar to possession, the kind process, blunders dealing with, and fearless concurrency. special motives of Rust-oriented takes on subject matters like trend matching, iterators, and clever tips mix with examples and workouts to take you from thought to perform.
In addition to its thorough assurance of extra granular subject matters, The Rust Programming Language will assist you:
-Grasp vital thoughts targeted to Rust like possession, borrowing, and lifetimes
-Use shipment, Rust’s integrated package deal supervisor, to construct your code, together with downloading and construction dependencies
-Effectively use Rust’s zero-cost abstractions and learn how to construct your own
built with support from the neighborhood, The Rust Programming Language is your respectable advisor to turning into a effective Rust programmer.
By Michael Beyeler
Design and increase complicated machine imaginative and prescient initiatives utilizing OpenCV with Python
About This Book
- Program complex computing device imaginative and prescient functions in Python utilizing varied good points of the OpenCV library
- Practical end-to-end undertaking protecting a massive desktop imaginative and prescient problem
- All tasks within the ebook comprise a step by step advisor to create computing device imaginative and prescient applications
Who This booklet Is For
This publication is for intermediate clients of OpenCV who target to grasp their talents via constructing complicated functional purposes. Readers are anticipated to be conversant in OpenCV's ideas and Python libraries. easy wisdom of Python programming is predicted and assumed.
What you are going to Learn
- Generate real-time visible results utilizing diversified filters and snapshot manipulation suggestions reminiscent of dodging and burning
- Recognize hand gestures in actual time and practice hand-shape research in response to the output of a Microsoft Kinect sensor
- Learn characteristic extraction and have matching for monitoring arbitrary gadgets of interest
- Reconstruct a 3D real-world scene from second digital camera movement and customary digital camera reprojection techniques
- Track visually salient gadgets via trying to find and concentrating on very important areas of an image
- Detect faces utilizing a cascade classifier and realize emotional expressions in human faces utilizing multi-layer peceptrons (MLPs)
- Recognize highway indicators utilizing a multi-class version of aid vector machines (SVMs)
- Strengthen your OpenCV2 talents and how you can use new OpenCV3 features
OpenCV is a local move platform C++ Library for laptop imaginative and prescient, laptop studying, and photograph processing. it truly is more and more being followed in Python for improvement. OpenCV has C++/C, Python, and Java interfaces with help for home windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, and Android. builders utilizing OpenCV construct purposes to approach visible facts; this may comprise dwell streaming info from a tool like a digicam, equivalent to pictures or video clips. OpenCV bargains vast libraries with over 500 functions
This ebook demonstrates the way to boost a sequence of intermediate to complicated initiatives utilizing OpenCV and Python, instead of instructing the center strategies of OpenCV in theoretical classes. in its place, the operating initiatives constructed during this booklet educate the reader the way to practice their theoretical wisdom to issues similar to photo manipulation, augmented fact, item monitoring, 3D scene reconstruction, statistical studying, and item categorization.
By the tip of this e-book, readers could be OpenCV specialists whose newly won event permits them to boost their very own complex laptop imaginative and prescient applications.
Style and approach
This booklet covers self reliant hands-on tasks that educate vital machine imaginative and prescient strategies like picture processing and laptop studying for OpenCV with a number of examples.