By Shan S. Wong,David M. Jameson
Since the ebook of the 1st variation of Chemistry of Protein Conjugation and Cross-Linking in 1991, new cross-linking reagents, significantly multifunctional cross-linkers, were built and synthesized. The crowning glory of the human genome venture has opened a brand new zone for learning nucleic acid and protein interactions utilizing nucleic acid cross-linking reagents, and advances have additionally been made within the region of biosensors and microarray biochips for the detection and research of genes, proteins, and carbohydrates. furthermore, advancements in actual recommendations with exceptional sensitivity and determination have facilitated the research of cross-linked items.
Updated to mirror the advances of the twenty first century, this booklet offers:
- An assessment of the chemical rules underlying the procedures of cross-linking and conjugation
- A thorough record of cross-linking reagents released within the literature because the first variation, overlaying monofunctional, homobifunctional, heterobifunctional, multifunctional, and zero-length cross-linkers
- Reviews of using those reagents in learning protein tertiary buildings, geometric preparations of subunits inside advanced proteins and nucleic acids, near-neighbor research, protein-to-protein or ligand–receptor interactions, and conformational alterations of biomolecules
- Discusses the applying of immunoconjugation for immunoassays, immunotoxins for distinctive remedy, microarray expertise for research of assorted biomolecules, and good kingdom chemistry for immobilizations
Read Online or Download Chemistry of Protein and Nucleic Acid Cross-Linking and Conjugation, Second Edition PDF
Best organic chemistry books
This publication is on carbohydrates-the crucial molecules that provide you with strength. they're the development blocks of lifestyles. This booklet gives you updated insurance on all elements of carbohydrate chemistry. The molecules are often sugars, i. e. "sweet," for that reason the subtitle "The candy Molecules of lifestyles. "Carbohydrates first supplies the "nuts and bolts" of carbohydrate chemistry, permitting the reader to understand the following chapters on retaining teams and the reactions of monosaccharides.
During the last 5 years, the mammoth monetary strain at the improvement and production of biopharmaceuticals has ended in the expanding use and acce- ance of disposables, that are discarded after harvest and for this reason meant just for unmarried use. actually, such disposables are carried out in the entire major bioprocess construction phases this present day and a good better progress than these within the biopharmac- tical marketplace is anticipated (reaching double figures).
This publication highlights significant achievements made within the final 5 years touching on sustainable C(sp3)-H bond functionalization and provides a promising and rising tool-kit for natural synthesis. The booklet is split into 3 chapters demonstrating key advances in C(sp3)-H bond functionalization. bankruptcy 1 reports transition-metal-catalyzed C(sp3)-H bond functionalization utilizing diverse directing teams, whereas bankruptcy 2 addresses the hot equipment of transition-metal-catalyzed and metal-free C(sp3)-H bond functionalization with no directing teams, as well as in short highlighting redox-neutral C(sp3)-H bond functionalization.
One in every of 3 volumes which jointly hide all suggested solubility info for an enormous pharmaceutical category: the sulfonamides. an information of solubility info is important in all pharmaceutical examine. released solubility info for the name compounds were compiled and seriously evaluated, leading to steered solubility values which training scientists may perhaps use with self belief.
- Advances in Carbohydrate Chemistry and Biochemistry: 62
- Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry: 108
- Determination of Organic Structures by Physical Methods V3
- Annual Reports in Organic Synthesis — 1981: 12
- Science of Synthesis: Houben-Weyl Methods of Molecular Transformations Vol. 45b: Aromatic Ring Assemblies, Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, and Conjugated Polyenes
Additional info for Chemistry of Protein and Nucleic Acid Cross-Linking and Conjugation, Second Edition
Chemistry of Protein and Nucleic Acid Cross-Linking and Conjugation, Second Edition by Shan S. Wong,David M. Jameson