By Tony Henderson
Read or Download Disorderly Women in Eighteenth-Century London: Prostitution and Control in the Metropolis, 1730-1830 (Women And Men In History) PDF
Similar uk history books
This e-book sheds clean mild on advancements in British nuclear guns coverage among October 1964, whilst the Labour social gathering got here again into strength less than Harold Wilson following a 13 yr absence, and June 1970 while the Conservative executive of Edward Heath used to be elected.
In its time, the Quarterly evaluate used to be inspiration to heavily replicate govt coverage, even though, the essays during this quantity show that it was once inconsistent in its aid of presidency positions and mirrored war of words over a vast variety of non secular, monetary and political issues.
In 1945 the main strong fleet within the Royal Navy's historical past was once focused on 9 airplane companies. This ebook charts the post-war fortunes of this effective strike strength – its decline within the face of diminishing assets, its ultimate fall by the hands of uncomprehending politicians, and its fresh resurrection within the kind of the Queen Elizabeth classification providers, the biggest ships ever equipped for the Royal army.
First released in 1981, this publication lines the heritage of the nationwide Union of Women’s Suffrage Societies (NUWSS) from 1897-1914. while so much historians have all for the extra militant point of the fight for woman enfranchisement, embodied by way of the Women’s Political and Social Union (WPSU), this paintings presents a necessary evaluate of the usually disregarded non-violent and constitutional NUWSS — by way of 1914 the most important unmarried women’s suffrage service provider.
- Housewives and citizens: Domesticity and the women's movement in England, 1928-64 (Gender in History MUP)
- West Kent Place Names - The Homes of Kentish Men and Maids
- The Political Economy of Imperial Relations: Britain, the Sterling Area, and Malaya 1945-1960 (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series)
- The Story of the Guards Armoured Division
- A Companion to Tudor Britain (Blackwell Companions to British History)
- Martial Law and English Laws, c.1500–c.1700 (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
Additional info for Disorderly Women in Eighteenth-Century London: Prostitution and Control in the Metropolis, 1730-1830 (Women And Men In History)
Disorderly Women in Eighteenth-Century London: Prostitution and Control in the Metropolis, 1730-1830 (Women And Men In History) by Tony Henderson