By Alan Brown
Read Online or Download Haunted Meridian, Mississippi (Haunted America) PDF
Similar folklore & mythology books
Through the 19th century, Lemuria was once imagined as a land that after bridged India and Africa yet disappeared into the sea millennia in the past, very similar to Atlantis. A sustained meditation on a misplaced position from a misplaced time, this elegantly written e-book is the 1st to discover Lemuria’s incarnations throughout cultures, from Victorian-era technology to Euro-American occultism to colonial and postcolonial India.
A pocket advisor providing concise details at the mythology of those cultures from Abdera to Zeuxippe, together with gods, goddesses, heroes, kings and queens. major areas, equivalent to Mycenae, Crete, the Augean stables and the backyard of Hesperides are indexed individually. Genealogical diagrams are supplied to aid the tricky internet of kinship relationships.
The mythical misplaced urban of southern Africa and its untold riches interested the Romans, ecu explorers and writers corresponding to Rider Haggard, Alan Paton, Wilbur Smith, and Lawrence eco-friendly. Even the apartheid executive looked for it in useless. Adam Cruise units out on a quest into heritage and around the Kalahari to discover the legendary urban that encouraged King Solomon's Mines, and 'the nice Farini', the daredevil showman of the Victorian age on the middle of the legend.
Mircea Eliade (1907–1986) was once one of many 20th century's ideal scholars of faith and cultural environments. This booklet examines the emergence, functionality, and cost of faith and fantasy in his paintings. Nicolae Babuts, Robert Ellwood, Eric Ziolkowski, John Dadosky, Robert Segal, Mac Linscott Ricketts, Douglas Allen, and Liviu Borda study Eliade's perspectives at the interplay among the sacred and the profane.
- Fairy Godfather: Straparola, Venice, and the Fairy Tale Tradition: Straparola, Venice, and the Europea Fairy Tale Tradition
- Horror in the Heartland: Strange and Gothic Tales from the Midwest
- Other People's Stories: Entitlement Claims and the Critique of Empathy
- The Transmission of Kapsiki-Higi Folktales over Two Generations: Tales That Come, Tales That Go (African Histories and Modernities)
- Little Red Riding Hood – And Other Girls Who Got Lost in the Woods (Origins of Fairy Tales from Around the World): Origins of Fairy Tales from Around the ... of Fairy Tales from Around the World Series)
- Myths and Legends of Flowers, Trees, Fruits and Plants
Extra resources for Haunted Meridian, Mississippi (Haunted America)
Haunted Meridian, Mississippi (Haunted America) by Alan Brown